NAO Next Gen: Aldebaran Robotics launches a new generation of its humanoid robot, which looks like it might become your new best friend.
Aldebaran Robotics, who is the world leader in humanoid robotics, has just released its latest version of the NAO robot, named NAO Next Gen. The NAO Next Gen, is a new fully programmable humanoid robot that stands 57cm tall, but looks to be just the first step of many towrds the upcoming human/robot war. He looks cute and fun now, but just imagine when they make him 6ft tall and come equiped with an M1 on his hip… Skynet is coming!
But… I still want one.
The Aldebaran Robotics Nao H25 – Humanoid Robot Academic Edition v3 plus runs $15999, you can get one now at: RobotShop.com
- Body with 25 degrees of freedom (DOF) whose key elements are electric motors and actuators
- Sensor network, including 2 cameras, 4 microphones, sonar rangefinder, 2 IR emitters and receivers, 1 inertial board, 9 tactile sensors, and 8 pressure sensors
- Various communication devices, including voice synthesizer, LED lights, and 2 high-fidelity speakers
- Intel ATOM 1,6ghz CPU (located in the head) that runs a Linux kernel and supports Aldebaran’s proprietary middleware (NAOqi)
- Second CPU (located in the torso)
- 27,6-watt-hour battery that provides NAO with 1.5 or more hours of autonomy, depending on usage
Story and info via: Aldebaran-Robotics
Related stories at:
SingularityHub – The NAO Humanoid Robot Gets Slimmer And Smarter With NAO Next Gen (video)
TechNaBob - Next Generation NAO Robots Ready to Take Over the World
SacBee - NAO Next Gen: Aldebaran Robotics Launches a new Generation of its Humanoid Robot